The decision to make Aliyah—move to Israel–is one of the most important and far-reaching decisions you’ll ever make. And once its been made, the hard work, both technical and emotional, must begin.
Tamarim Concierge knows what an exciting—and scary time this can be.
As you begin to plan the details of your move, it is normal to feel overwhelmed with all of the decisions and arrangements you need to make in the coming months.
You can do this.
The first thing to do of course is to contact Nefesh B’Nefesh, the organization that is dedicated to revitalizing Aliyah from the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom. They work together with the Jewish Agency to facilitate all the necessary paperwork involved in the move and will guide you as far as all the logistics are concerned on your side of the ocean.
The next thing to do is to get a notebook in which you can keep your ongoing ‘To Do’ List. Think about all the obvious things you need to look into as well as all the smaller questions you have about life in Israel.
The list can be staggering:
- Communities (City? Yishuv? North? South? Center? Religious? Mixed?)
- Housing (Should we rent? Buy? What kind of dwelling will we get in our price range?
- Schools (What’s available in the community we’ve chosen? What’s best for our child/ren?)
- Jobs (When do we start looking? How can I network? Will I be traveling back and forth?)
- Banking (How do I open an account? Is the banking system different here? Which bank will offer me the best way to manage my finances?)
- Health care (What are my choices of health insurance? What does it cover? What level of insurance is best for my family’s needs? And how do I find a pediatrician or family doctor?)
- How do I set up my home? Order appliances and furnishings? Will my home be ready for me on the day I make Aliyah? How can I make sure it is? What about setting up utilities—gas, electric, water, internet?
- What are the supermarkets like in Israel? The prices? How do I find what I need?
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Tamarim Concierge understands how valuable your time is.
We’ve been there.
We know what it takes to plan and execute a move such as this. We remember thinking, “Gee, if only someone was here to help us with this”.
Well from that ‘if only’ was born the idea of helping Olim Chadashim (new immigrants) get through those first weeks and months of their Aliyah. And with that idea we’ve had the pleasure of helping numerous others ease into their lives here in Israel.
Tamarim Concierge is available to help you just a little—with two or three of the tasks that need to be accomplished once you arrive; or we can do it all, if that’s what you need.
You’re the boss and you decide how we can best suit your needs.
Need help with housing—finding one, negotiating with the landlord, ordering appliances, arranging deliveries and installations?
Yep, we do that.
How about arriving to a professionally clean home, groceries unpacked in your pantry, beds made and ready for you?
Yep, we do that, too
Tamarim Concierge is available to you for all phases of your Aliyah, so when your plane touches down you can hit the ground running.
We know that Aliyah will be one of the greatest achievements of your life.
And we are be proud to be part of that.