This Article is for Those Making Aliyah or Thinking About Making Aliyah in 2020
- Consider the first attempt to accomplish something, merely a “fact-finding mission.” The more you research before you try a task, the better poised you will be to accomplish it efficiently.
- “No” typically is a point of negotiation and not a final answer, but not always. Consumer reforms in the 2000s saw many items prices becoming more fixed When negotiating a rental contract, engage a lawyer to get the best terms.
- Monthly rent does not include arnona (municipal taxes) and vaad habayit (condo or building) fees. Those making aliyah receive a 1-year discount on arnona.
- Your appliance delivery does not include installation and delivery can take from 24 hours to more than a week. Some items are self-installing but will require tools to install. Ask about installation and delivery before you buy an item, it varies by brand, model.
- Pay less to drive onRoute 6 with a Kvish 6 membership.
- You need 2 service providers for your at-home internet service, a “tashtit” (infrastructure) and “sapak” (service). Bezek offers a service where they provide and manage both. This is convenient as service is easier under one provider
- Everything begins “Acharei Hachagim” – applicable throughout the year. After the holidays is an acceptable answer to “when” for most times of the year. It’s a time for renewal, change, and hiring.
- Pango is the greatest parking app created. Long gone are scratch cards or yellow digital boxes, you can Pango your way into parking paradise. Once you set it up, it’s easy to use even if you speak no Hebrew and a must-have for drivers.
- Israeli ice coffee is not what you think it is.
- We are waiting to welcome you home. No matter where you go in Israel for your aliyah, you are home. Special payments for new immigrants are available via Nefesh B’Nefesh and Misrad HaKlita. Additional Corona payments have been announced.
There are many new and exciting things to learn about life in Israel when preparing for Aliyah.
We know, we did it, 13 years ago. It took months after making Aliyah to know how to order a Dunkin Donut-like iced coffee without getting a cup of sugary coffee slushy!
If you’re thinking of making aliyah and would like help from Tamarim Concierge, let us know. We’ve been helping olim from around the world make their new home in Israel. Welcome home!